Not exactly sure when the last month blew by but it did and here I am, a month older, a month into my new job and a month into being “an adult” (ewwwww).
One thing I definitely did not do this past month is update this blog (like I had sworn to myself I would) at all. So first things first…
1. Mitch and I have an apartment! It’s about 25 minutes from Dartmouth and is set in the country side. Photos to come later!
2. I really like my job. Like, really like it. People here are totally accepting of what I was hired to do. This may sound funny but let me tell you, when I would tell people what I wanted to do or what kind of job I was looking for, I got a lot of “people are paid to do that. I do that for fun!” and “is that even really work” or my absolute favorite: “you get paid to be on Facebook and Twitter?” YES. I DO. BUT I ALSO DO MANY MORE THINGS. MANY, MANY, MANY THINGS. Okay. Rant over. Anyway, every single person I met was excited that someone was now in place to handle the social media needs.
3. It’s not that cold here. Yet.
4. Mitch did not stay a kept man. He got a part time gig as a seasonal worker and outdoor guide (WHAT A SURPRISE) for an outdoors company.
5. We got a couch. This is potentially one of my favorite developments and I will share why later.
I’m sure there are many other things I’m forgetting but that’s what happens when you move, start a new job and start figuring out “what comes next” after graduation. Because, you know, a million things have changed and life is weird and crazy and terrifying but also beautiful and amazing at the exact same time. So that’s that for now and luckily, I can guarantee another post soon because I already wrote it and have it scheduled to go out tomorrow! Voilà!